Version History for RedminePro app for Zendesk
Version 1.3.4 (08 April 2022)
- Fix – Fix issue where the comment status menu was cut off.
- Note - RedminePro is compatible with Redmine 5.0.0, however the
redmine_cors plugin for Redmine will need to be updated (see https://github.com/smallcubed/redmine_cors).
Version 1.3.3 (31 January 2022)
- Fix – Avoid errors if there are no Custom Fields in Zendesk.
- Change - Changed text of Supportable Project Field ID to make it more clear that this is a Redmine field ID.
Version 1.3.1 (2 July 2021)
- Fix - Add invisible space between ‘#’ and number for text to Redmine to avoid linking to local issue.
Version 1.3.0 (30 June 2021)
- New - Add option to have links inserted using the Textile format.
Version 1.2.2 (31 January 2021)
- Fix - Fixes issue where height was not being adjusted properly.
- Fix - Issue with showing attachment dialog when a ticket did not have any.
Version 1.2.1 (17 December 2020)
- Fix – Fixes issue in RedminePro where custom fields were not properly added to issue.
Version 1.2.0 (04 December 2020)
- New – Ensure that RedminePro is compatible with Redmine 4.x.
- New - Add full support for Version custom fields. Values are retrieved from the Redmine instance to be displayed in a list.
- Change - Adjust the way that the search is done to ensure that searching for an issue number works correctly.
- Change – The app can now only be installed once per Zendesk domain.
- Fix - Fix some error handling to avoid failures and/or non-display of error messages.
Version 1.1.1 (05 December 2019)
- New — Add ability to adjust issue text size, which persists between sessions.
- New — Do not display custom link fields, since they cannot be changed anyway.
- Fix — Fixes issue where during Add Comment the current status was not correct.
- Fix — Fixes issue where a secondary popup could appear when changing the status.
- Fix — Maintains custom values between project & tracker changes
- Fix — Ensures that if the selected tracker is available in a new project the tracker selection is maintained.
Version 1.1.0 (07 November 2019)
- New — Allow the default description of a new issue to be the latest comment of the ticket – see new setting.
- New — Add ability to change status when adding a comment. However this depends on your workflow transition settings to work correctly.
- New — Use workflow transitions to propose valid status changes. This requires updating the
redmine_better_custom_fields plugin in your Redmine instance, mentioned in the installation notes.
- New — Add action to “Search Tickets” for an issue.
- New — Rework the display of the actions in order to add Search Tickets
- New — Add French localization
- Change — Rework the UI for adding issue comments.
- Change — Change the Attached Issue icon.
- Fix — Fix small UI bug in display of issue meta data.
Version 1.0.5 (29 March 2018)
- New — Add ability to attach files from tickets or elsewhere to a new or existing issue.
- Fix — Removed the zendesk_domain preference, since this is now retreived from the context.
- Fix — Handle too large content more gracefully.
- Fix — Improve the display of the attached issues.
Version 1.0.4 (25 August 2017)
- New — Add custom issue fields from Redmine so user can enter values, including required ones.
- New — Add the ability to assign the ticket to a user.
- New — Add ability to update Redmine issue field with Zendesk ticket ids.
- New — Add I18n internationalization so that the app can be localized.
- Fix — Ensure that all projects are retrieved from Redmine, previously it was only getting 25.
Version 1.0.3 (17 February 2017)
- Fix — Fix problem where clicking the delete issue button would show the add comment
Version 1.0.2 (9 February 2017)
- New — Add button to be able to append a comment to an attached Redmine issue.
- Fix — Add “working” feedback while perfoming actions to the Redmine server.
- Fix — Reactivate “Create” button for issues after one is created.
Version 1.0.1 (3 January 2017)
- Fix — Add fix to allow search by an issue number actually returns the issue.
- Fix — Fix issue where optional field settings that were empty could create exception.