Build Flexible Organization
Use MailTags to escape the constraints of folders and organize your messages by keywords, projects, importance, color, due dates and more. Quickly tag your messages using MailTags fluid tagging window.
Search Tags & Find Mail
Use MailTags' powerful search and smart mailbox integration to quickly locate your messages. MailTags data is concisely displayed inline with your messages and dynamically color messages based on importance, project, or upcoming date.
Create Email Workflow
Create rules to automatically assign tags to your incoming messages. Add tags to your messages as you compose. Combine Mail Act-On, and other applications to fully integrate your email into your workflow.
MailTags goes well beyond keywords to allow a range of tag data including Keywords, GMail Labels, Finder Tags, Projects, Tickle Dates, Importance, Notes, Events and Tasks. Use MailTags flexible tagging window to set and edit tags on messages. New to MailTags 4 are full GMail Label support.
MailTags displays your tags in both message lists and full message view making it easy to view your tags at a glance. Draw attention to important messages by prioritizing a message's color based on project, importance, tickle dates or more.
MailTags integrates into Mail's search and smart mailboxes so that your tags become powerful way of finding messages. MailTags also organizes your time sensitive messages into tickle mailboxes so you can always see messages that need attention today, tomorrow or soon.
Mail's rule system is made more powerful with the addition of MailTags actions to automatically add tags to new messages, and even inherit tags from older messages in a discussion. Combine MailTags with Mail Act-On to create sophisticated tag based workflows work on demand and when sending messages.
MailTags operates with most IMAP servers, Exchange Servers and Gmail Servers. Set your tags on one computer and view them on another. (Please note that Gmail Servers will only save GMail Label tags. All other tags are stored on the computer.)
- The latest version of El Capitan 10.11, macOS Sierra 10.12 or macOS High Sierra 10.13
- New: Display of tags in classic view now respects font selection in preferences.
- New: For performance reasons, OpenMeta tags are no longer indexed unless "Synchronize OpenMeta Tags" open is selected in preferences .
- New: Project color swatch is now displayed as a circle to improve layout and provide greater distinction from other tags.
- New: Registering MailTags with a SmallCubed suite code will now register other SmallCubed suite products
- New: Tip Jar access added to MailTags product menu and registration sheet.
- Fixed: Performance issues related to updating messages.
- Fixed: Performance issues when displaying messages in classic view.
- Fixed: Potential hang issue at launch related to updating message from events and reminders database.
- Fixed: Potential stability issue when attributes change on messages.
- Fixed: Potential stability issues related to closing message viewers.
- Fixed: Problems with optimizing mailTags database.
- Fixed: Smart Mailbox Criteria combining Account and MailTags criteria not working.
- Fixed: Sparkle Helper not running properly in some circumstances.
- Fixed: [5.1.4] Performance issue when popuplating tag based smart mailboxes
- Fixed: [5.1.4] Performance issue when reading defaults
- Fixed: [5.1.4] Performance issue when saving tag data
- Fixed: [5.1.4] Persistance of keyword scope selection in Tag window
- Fixed: [5.1.4] Selection issue when click on keyword tokens in tag window
- Fixed: [5.1.4] Sort order not persistenting when in classic view
- Fixed: [5.1.4] Stability issue when closing tag window.
- Fixed: [5.1.4] Stability issue when moving messages with attachments
- Fixed: [5.1.4] Stability issue when updating messages
- Fixed: [5.1.5] Issue creating new databases
MailTags 5.1.5 fixes a critical issue with creating new tag databases. 5.1.4 adds compatiblity for MacOS 10.13.2 and fixes minor issues.
See all of the release notes for MailTags
Download the Yosemite/Maverick version