Build Flexible Organization
Use MailTags to escape the constraints of folders and organize your messages by keywords, projects, importance, color, due dates and more. Quickly tag your messages using MailTags fluid tagging window.
Search Tags & Find Mail
Use MailTags' powerful search and smart mailbox integration to quickly locate your messages. MailTags data is concisely displayed inline with your messages and dynamically color messages based on importance, project, or upcoming date.
Create Email Workflow
Create rules to automatically assign tags to your incoming messages. Add tags to your messages as you compose. Combine Mail Act-On, and other applications to fully integrate your email into your workflow.
MailTags goes well beyond keywords to allow a range of tag data including Keywords, GMail Labels, Finder Tags, Projects, Tickle Dates, Importance, Notes, Events and Tasks. Use MailTags flexible tagging window to set and edit tags on messages. New to MailTags 4 are full GMail Label support.
MailTags displays your tags in both message lists and full message view making it easy to view your tags at a glance. Draw attention to important messages by prioritizing a message's color based on project, importance, tickle dates or more.
MailTags integrates into Mail's search and smart mailboxes so that your tags become powerful way of finding messages. MailTags also organizes your time sensitive messages into tickle mailboxes so you can always see messages that need attention today, tomorrow or soon.
Mail's rule system is made more powerful with the addition of MailTags actions to automatically add tags to new messages, and even inherit tags from older messages in a discussion. Combine MailTags with Mail Act-On to create sophisticated tag based workflows work on demand and when sending messages.
MailTags operates with most IMAP servers, Exchange Servers and Gmail Servers. Set your tags on one computer and view them on another. (Please note that Gmail Servers will only save GMail Label tags. All other tags are stored on the computer.)
- The latest version of El Capitan 10.11 and macOS Sierra 10.12
- New: Adds Count Frequency to Messages Preference tab. Reduce frequency if you are experiencing CPU or performance issues.
- Fixed: Addresses issue where Mail may appear blank in some instances. Message content in these cases are still available on servers.
- Fixed: Crash caused by potential circular smart mailbox criterion.
- Fixed: Crash when exporting MailTags smart mailboxes.
- Fixed: Fixes issue with archiving messages immediately after tagging.
- Fixed: Issue with multiple Gmail draft messages.
- Fixed: Issues indexing tags for searching via Spotlight and Finder searches.
- Fixed: Issues with validating registration is excess returns and spaces.
- Fixed: Keywords now appear in alphabetic order in sort configuration menus.
- Fixed: Message Color not updating when pasting tags containing color.
- Fixed: Performance issue when displaying messages snippet views.
- Fixed: Problem copying Message URL if message-id contained % character.
- Fixed: Problems validating extended trial codes.
- Fixed: Problems when sorting threads by date sent in classic view.
- Fixed: Rollover toolbar buttons overlapping in some cases.
- Fixed: Sorting issues when opening mailboxes in classic view.
- Fixed: Stability issue on 10.11 for Public Beta of March 2, 2017
- Fixed: Tickle Date completion suggesting past dates when it should be future dates.
- Fixed: Waiting for reply issues on Exchange servers.
- OS Support: Adds compatibility for macOS 10.12.4.
Provides macOS 10.12.4 compatibility and addresses performance and other issues
- Fixed: Addresses issues with counts being incorrect.
- Fixed: Issue where some tag mailboxes may show no messages.
- Fixed: Keyword tokens not appearing as selected when selected.
- Fixed: Messages not being indexed by spotlight properly in instances.
- Fixed: Performance and memory related issues.
- Fixed: Potential crash when accessing message information.
- Fixed: Potential crash when updating messages to IMAP servers.
- Fixed: Potential crash when validating rules.
- Fixed: Sort by Tags not working on 10.11
- Fixed: Tag original not working.
- Fixed: Tag toolbar item not showing in Rollover toolbar on 10.12.2
Provides macOS 10.12 compatibility and addresses performance and other issues
See all of the release notes for MailTags
Download the Yosemite/Maverick version